Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose HPSA Acumen Inc.?
- We have specialized solely in HPSAs for over 15 years; it's our passion. When we take you on as a client we will not rest until every possibility has been considered to optimize your chances for designation.
- We have the experience to assess the feasibility of your HPSA application with extreme accuracy, even with just a preliminary study.
- We have completed more than 100 successful designations throughout the United States.
- We directly contact your state Primary Care Officer before the project commencement to ensure the best outcome for your service area.
- Our state-of-the-art mapping programs, databases, and survey methods ensure quality and precision throughout the entire process.
What is a HPSA?
Are HPSA designations for all doctors?
What benefits does a HPSA designation provide?
Why should we consider setting up a Rural Health Clinic (RHC)?
We need a CHNA (Community Health Needs Assessment) or CNA (Community Needs Assessment) done immediately. Can you help?
Why should we consider HPSA Benefit Support Service now that we have a HPSA?
Who is eligible for the 10% Medicare bonus payment?
What is a HPSA “score”?
How often are HPSA designations reviewed?
Are there different types of HPSAs?
What is a J-1 visa?
What is an H-1B petition?
Who pays the filing fees for J-1 visa waiver requests?
How long will the J-1 visa waiver process take?
What is a J-2 (or J- any number other than 1)?
What is the National Health Service Corps?
How long is a National Health Service Corps physician required to work in the area to get his/her student loans repaid?
What is the Physician Scarcity Area (PSA) bonus?